About Dr. Ramani
By keeping it simple - Dr. Durvasula ("Dr. Ramani") makes psychology useful and usable for a wide variety of audiences.
Dr. Ramani is a licensed clinical psychologist and Professor of Psychology. Drawing upon her years of clinical experience, graduate and undergraduate teaching, and published research - she is masterful at taking all things psychological and making them interesting and understandable for a wide variety of audiences. Her versatility makes her a useful presenter for audiences ranging from adolescents to professionals, laypeople to mental health professionals.
There are a limited number of simple truths offered by the field of psychology - and psychologists often miss the point and hide these simple truths behind fancy statistics and technical jargon. Years of teaching thousands of students have equipped Dr. Ramani with a knack for cutting to the core of the issue and cutting out the filler. Understanding these truths can help people reach their full potential in their relationships, jobs, and family time. By getting past the jargon and the simplifying the statistics - Dr. Ramani keeps it real and makes psychology a useful tool for everyone.
- B.S. (magna cum laude), University of Connecticut, Psychology
- M.A., University of California, Los Angeles, Psychology
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, Clinical Psychology (Minor: Health Psychology)
- Pre-doctoral Internship, UCLA Department of Psychiatry, Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital
- Clinical Licensure, State of California - Psychologist
Honors and Awards
- 2012: Outstanding Professor Award - California State University Los Angeles
- 2002: American Association of University Women
- Emerging Scholar Award
- Awarded to one female scholar nationally in recognition of outstanding performance and promise
- 2003: California State University Los Angeles Outstanding Woman Award
- Vice Chair, Committee on Women and Psychology, American Psychological Assocation
- Professor, California State University, Los Angeles:
- Director, Psychology Clinic, California State University, Los Angeles
- Coordinator, MA Program, California State University, Los Angeles
- Chair, Ad Hoc Commiteee on Psychology and AIDS, American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Association
- Western Psychological Assocation
- Association for Psychological Science
- Society for Behavioral Medicine